Start your career today with STH Australia!
Located in the heart of Melbourne, STH Australia is a growing office, and we are always looking to expand our team. If you love sport and want to be part of a fun and rewarding environment, then look no further.
STH partners with event owners to make the biggest sporting events in the world even better! From the Olympic Games in London and Tokyo, the Cricket World Cup in England & Wales to the Rugby World Cups in Japan, England, New Zealand and France, our award-winning team cover the globe to create travel and hospitality programmes with one simple ambition – to leave sports fans knowing they have just been part of an experience of a lifetime
With offices in London, Tokyo, Auckland and Melbourne. Throughout our various infrastructures, we are underpinned by incredible shareholder Sodexo, enabling a truly global reach and service offering.
Through joining STH, you can be part of a motivated, high-performing team that thrive on the excitement of working to bring fans to the heart of the action at the biggest sporting events in the world. We have a collaborative and driven culture, that thrive on collective success and empowerment. We endorse cross regional working wherever possible to elevate knowledge sharing and skills application, which creates a truly global network that maximises our external reach but also our internal relationship and development opportunities.
At STH, we consider our team members our primary asset, so we work hard to ensure our working environment is progressive and people focussed. This enables us to track and record strong engagement rates and high internal development and progression statistics, with a targeted focus on ensuring we retain that very best talent, sustaining our industry leading service standards.
If you are interested in joining our team, please see the current vacancies below.
Apply via Global Sports Jobs here.
The IT Manager will be responsible for leading the development, management and implementation of STH’s technology and data systems in the Australia and New Zealand region. This is an exciting time to join a fast-growing business, looking to expand their team with driven talent with a desire to progress.
As an IT manager, you will have a critical role and contribute to the success of our organization. You will be responsible for managing the technology that drives our business. You will ensure that the organization’s IT infrastructure is robust and that our ecosystem does not face any system downtime or security breaches.
Your role will also be to build or select systems for scalability and stay up to date with the latest best in class technologies. You will identify areas where new technologies can be implemented to improve efficiencies and streamline processes, which can help the organization save time, money and give us a competitive edge.
- STH Australia and New Zealand Senior Leadership Teams
- Functional heads
- STH Group & Sodexo Live! counterparts
- Preferred suppliers/agencies and consultants
- Data analytics firms
- IT providers
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Strategic Planning: Contribute to the development and implementation of IT strategies that align with the organization’s goals and objectives. Assess technology needs, identify opportunities for improvement, and plan for the implementation and maintenance of IT systems and infrastructure.
- Analyse departmental needs, identify vulnerabilities, and boost productivity, efficiency, and accuracy to inform business decisions
- Ensure network components work together seamlessly to meet business needs, using their full range of capabilities, and stay informed about new features and competitor solutions
- Analyse processes, technologies, and vendors continually to find areas for improvement.
- Project Management: Provide guidance, support, and supervision to project team members, assign tasks to technical staff. Oversee IT projects from initiation to completion. Coordinate with stakeholders, manage budgets, and ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget. Handle risk & change management, and stakeholder communication.
- Vendor and Stakeholder Management: Collaborate with vendors, negotiate contracts, and manage relationships with external service providers. Work closely with internal stakeholders, such as department heads and senior management, to understand business needs, prioritize IT initiatives, and ensure alignment between technology and organizational objectives. Ensure the vendor’s skills and expertise align with the organization’s needs. Foster a collaborative work environment.
- Budgeting and Resource Management: Responsible for managing the IT budget, allocating resources effectively, and making informed decisions about technology investments. Assess cost-effectiveness, negotiate contracts with vendors, and optimize the use of resources to maximize value for the organization.
- Prepare cost–benefit analyses when upgrades are necessary, and monitor vendors to ensure that they are offering the best-possible service and value for business needs
- IT Operations and Support: Ensure the smooth operation of IT systems and services. Oversee the day-to-day IT operations, including system maintenance, upgrades, and troubleshooting. Coordinate IT support services, handle incident response and problem resolution, and monitor system performance to minimize downtime and disruptions.
- Security and Risk Management: Responsible for ensuring the security and integrity of IT systems and data. Develop and implement security policies, procedures, and protocols. Monitor for potential threats, conduct risk assessments, and ensure compliance with relevant security standards and regulations. Manage security incidents and collaborate with cybersecurity professionals to mitigate risks. Verify application results by conducting system audits of technologies
- Degree in Information Technology such as Computer Science
- At least 5 years working in IT roles such as help desk technician, project management, configuration, integration, testing
- Team player, with digital transformation experience, supporting business with an agile mindset
- Ability to define, drive upgrades and troubleshoot IT infrastructure for a growing company
- Track record of project management with ability to anticipate risk and report progress
- Good level of knowledge of Cyber Security and Data Management
- Experience in online sales systems
- Innovative and proactive
- Curious and inquisitive problem solver
- Team Player
- Drive for results
- Adaptability – ability to cope with uncertainty and ambiguity
- Excellent communication with an ability to negotiate and influence.
- Strong organisational and leadership that translate into good project management skills
Apply via Global Sports Jobs here.
REPORTS TO: Head of Operations | DIRECTION FROM: Operations Manager
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Sports Travel & Hospitality Australia (STH AU) requires an Operations Coordinator within the Operations team.
The role is suitable for someone who is meticulous with the detail, has rock solid administrative skills, can juggle many moving parts of a project, loves sport and has a ‘get things done’ attitude. The key focus for this role is to support the team in the delivery of STH projects (such as AO Travel & Wallabies Travel) across the operations, customer experience, procurement and ticketing functions while focused on delivering exceptional customer service so customers continue to purchase through STH Australia for future events.
INTERNAL: General Manager | Head of Operations | Senior Leadership Team | STH AUS Staff
EXTERNAL: STH AUS customers (AO Travel & Wallabies Travel, and other events) | Corporates customers | Suppliers
- Assisting the Operations team across all functional areas including operational planning and delivery, procurement, ticketing, and customer service.
- Assist with the management of program email inboxes including communication with customers and suppliers as required.
- Performing daily checks of e-commerce customer bookings and facilitate any requested additions, changes.
- Communications with suppliers and customer around modifications and changed to bookings.
- Manage customer cancellations and work with the Finance team to facilitate any refunds.
- Support with Ticketing data checks, distribution.
- Support with customer Pre-Departure Forms.
- Support around the development/building and distribution of customer itineraries for events.
- Support with hotel rooming lists check for events.
- Running weekly client reports to update bookings, follow up with clients to obtain further details, amend bookings
- Maintenance of project registers
- Undertake any additional responsibilities assigned by the Operations Manager & Head of Operations
Event delivery and support
- Be part of the customer service event delivery team for the Australian Open (January each year) – either at hotels &/or on the AO precinct
- Delivery a warm, friendly & approachable customer service experience as a representative of AO Travel (STH Australia)
- Assisting at hotel hospitality desks during selected times (generally at check-ins and check-outs times)
- Updating information boards and hotel information hospitality desks
- Working with AO Travel customers on any enquiries relating to hotel/accommodation, event tickets, general questions
- Providing a seamless experience for AO Travel customers while attending the Australia Open
Organised | Efficient | Focused | Passionate | Articulate | Motivated | Confident
- Proven and demonstrable customer service skills and conflict management skills
- Confident in navigating database systems and processing customer bookings and related
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills
- Easily establishes rapport with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Self-motivated, and the ability to work unsupervised
Experience in administration, customer services and/or booking management systems is preferred but not essential. A passion for sport would be beneficial